I’m not one to make full on YEAR LONG resolutions. I do create a “theme” that I feel for the year, but having actionable goals that last 12 months just feels too long and too big to even try to accomplish. Trust me, I’ve tried.
So, I’m back with setting monthly goals. Looking back to the month before and then setting my sights on what is to come.
I missed doing December’s goals, so let’s review Novembers to see how I did:
- Eat a protein rich breakfast every morning. I did this with HUGE success! It was either peanut butter toast or scrambled eggs & bacon (sometimes both). And because of this, I noticed a big change in how long it took for me to get hungry again. I could easily go until 1 or 2pm until my tummy told me it was time to each again. This made for very productive mornings.
- Hide my phone from 7-10pm. If you listed to the Happy Hour Podcast I was on with Jamie Ivey, you’ll know that I didn’t do so great at keeping this goal. Until my husband showed me how to put my phone on “Do Not Disturb” every night from 7pm-7am. I schedule my phone to automatically go into this mode, and then I’m not interrupted when my phone buzzes or dings or chirps. I can check it when I WANT to and then set it down and forget about it because it’s not incessantly reminding me that it’s there. Highly recommend using the DO NO DISTURB feature on your iPhone.
- Finish our wholesale pricing. I hired someone to do this and she is almost done! We will be launching our wholesale program this month! Know any boutiques that should be carrying Better Life Bags?
- Read two books. I tried to read this one and this one. But I just could NOT get myself to read them. Blew through this one, though. FAST. So good. And then I had an entirely new revelation that is probably going to change my life. I don’t like reading non-fiction. And that is OK. I like the IDEA of reading non-fiction. Of growing in and learning about new things. So, I got an audible.com account. And have listened to three non-fiction books in the last three weeks. I’ll write about those later.
- Paint the guest room. I’m thinking of going bold and dark in there. With one wall of thick stripes – mostly because I don’t want to take down the big shelf that we hung on the wall. So that will be where the white stripe will lie.
- Finish two photo books and Corbin’s 1st year collage. Pictures are hugely important to me. And I’ve been really good about printing our pictures into My Publisher photo books every six months or so. Until last year. And then I haven’t printed a book of photos for more than a year. And even have a hole in the chronology of books – which means I need to dig and find those missing photos in order to complete our set. You have no idea how itchy and messy this makes me feel inside to know how unorganized one of the most important parts of my life is. I also really want to develop a good photo storage system.
- Continue to eat a protein rich breakfast AND do not eat ANYTHING after 7pm (except on date nights). My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens after 10pm. I’m pretty sure that the same can apply to the food I eat after 7pm. It’s usually not healthy food and the chances of me doing anything except sitting on the couch while eating unhealthy food is pretty high. So I’m done. No more food after 7pm.
- Plan out the entire 2015 calendar year for Better Life Bags. Figure out what days we are going to open up our workshop for retail shopping, set our semi annual sale, search and find craft shows to set up a table of bags, finalize special projects and products, set financial goals, and get a good weekly rhythm established.
What are some of your goals for January? Or 2015? Do you do themes for the year? Or monthly goals? Or a big year long resolution?