November Goals

November Goals_edited-1

Let’s just forget about October, ok?  And the whole writing for 31 days thing?  Yeah, that was crazy.  I commend everyone who was able to write for 31 straight days, and am reminding everyone else that sometimes we make too lofty of goals for ourselves.

So, with that in mind, I’m bringing you my November goals.

1.  Eat a protein rich breakfast every morning.  I really WANT to say that I am charging forth into the Whole 30 plan for November.  But I know that’s not realistic.  What IS attainable, though – is to eat peanut butter toast or egg scrambles first thing.  I find that the mornings I do this, I stay full for longer and tend to eat healthier throughout the day since it started off right.

2.  Hide my phone from 7-10pm.  I really WANT to go off the grid and hide from the Internet or do a Social Media fast, but it’s kinda my job.  And therefore not realistic.  Plus, I’m a total Internet girl.  I love the Internet.  What I don’t love is how much time I’ve wasted on the Internet this month.  I’ve literally sat on my couch after the kids have gone to bed and scrolled Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and ThredUP for HOURS on end.  It makes me sick thinking about it.  So, my goal for November is to not be on my phone AT ALL from the hours of 7-10 pm.  This means I’ll actually have to fold laundry, read a book, or write a blog post.

3.  Finishing our wholesale pricing.  We get lots of requests every day from boutiques who want to carry BLB products.  So, I’m currently going through our cost sheets on each bag to see if we can afford to do the 50% cut they want and how much volume we would need to sell in order to make that worth our time.

4.  Read two books.  I had actually written “Read THREE books”, but I’m really trying to set reasonable goals for myself, so two is still very lofty.  I rarely finish one book a month (see #2 for the reason of why).  But I desperately love to read and want to make time for it.  Not being on my phone every night should help me finish this goal.  I think I want to read one business, and one fiction or “self help/parenting” book.  I’ll report back in December which ones I picked and what I thought of them.

Inspired by Hayley to do this.  Love goal setting with grace.

{ 12 comments… add one }
  • LeeAnna November 3, 2014, 2:21 pm

Love the idea of staying off your phone in the evening. I may steal that idea! You can do it!

• Rebecca November 3, 2014, 4:40 pm

Thanks LeeAnna! One day down!

• Jessica November 3, 2014, 2:51 pm

I struggle with being on the Internet too. The 7-10pm challenge you’re taking sounds so tempting and I want to do something like that…it’s just hard to start. I know I would feel much better with folded laundry than a full IG scrolling session but I can’t seem to make the switch until there is no other choice but to fold laundry! lol Hope this one goes well for you! Definitely inspired!

• Rebecca November 3, 2014, 4:39 pm

OH my gosh. I completely understand. I did it for the first time last night and it was hard! But I blogged and I did laundry and I listened to a couple sessions from last year’s Influence Conference and I have to believe that those things have longer lasting impact that the immediate gratification it is to scroll IG. Hoping tonight is just as successful. But I’m afraid I’m going to miss something on IG – isn’t that terrible? I’m sure you’ll understand 😉

• Meaghan (@meaghangrable) November 3, 2014, 3:29 pm

Great goals! I, too, am working on stepping away from the Internet because it’s so easy to get sucked in.

• Rebecca November 3, 2014, 4:40 pm

SO. easy. As with everything – too much can be a bad thing, right?

• Liza November 3, 2014, 4:38 pm

Rebecca, I stopped over from The Tiny Twig to find out your November goals. I love the idea of making the change to a protein rich breakfast . . . that could be a great future goal for me. May it be a great month!

• Ashley Wells November 3, 2014, 7:17 pm

Love you idea of staying away from your phone during certain times of the day. I try my best to take a break on the weekend, or at least Sundays. Yet, that didn’t happen this weekend and I think I need to do something like that instead, certain hours during each day.

Thanks for the inspiration!

• Danielle November 3, 2014, 8:20 pm

I always put down too many books as a goal! I am in the process of reading What’s Best Next, which is kind of business-y/productiviy related…but it has been great, and saturated with the gospel…which is a rare find! Also, Jen Wilkin’s Women of the Word is a book I would give to literally every woman…ever! Not that you were asking for recommendations ;)!

I love the 7-10 thing! I am doing something similar, but in the mornings. I wake up at 4:30, and don’t get online at all…meaning I don’t touch my phone, for the first hour and a half! It is SOOOOOO hard!!!

• Rebecca November 4, 2014, 9:19 am

LOVE those book recommendations! Thanks for that!

• Judith November 4, 2014, 10:08 pm

Hiding the phone… oooooohhh… such a freaking good idea! I have a hard time to detaching from it once I get home from work.

• Shannon November 14, 2014, 10:30 pm

A protein packed breakfast — I never realized how much I needed this until I tried to keep up with kids all day. I love following along with your day to day life goals. Thanks for sharing.